25 Mar Functional coconut latte with Matcha & Lion’s Mane
We love ourselves a good matcha latte! So we mixed one of our favorite Mushrooms, Lion’s Mane, into this popular green drink!
Benefits of Matcha
Matcha is a Japanese green powdered tea and is known as a favorite superfood among many people. Just like functional mushrooms contain heebs of antioxidants, matcha is said to have 10x more antioxidants than normal green tea and gives you an increased ability to concentrate.
It seems to help lower stress levels, increase mental clarity, stimulate better learning performance, counteract the effects of aging, and improve fat burning.
Lion’s Mane as a functional mushroom
Just like Matcha, Lion’s mane mushrooms are also deeply interwoven in the Asian culture. Lion’s Mane is especially known for the harmonizing effect it has on the human body and mind. This mushroom is commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat an unhealthy lifestyle ruled by stress.
Like feelings of restlessness, fears, and sleep disorders, especially when problems manifest in the stomach and intestine areas. Nowadays, it is probably most known for its promising brain-enhancing properties.
Sounds like Matcha & Lion’s Mane are the perfect team to gain more focus during your day!
Let’s dive into the recipe for this delicious green latte.
- 1 1/4 tsp matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon Lion’s Mane powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- 100 ml coconut milk
- Spoon the lion’s mane & matcha into a little bowl. Add the hot water and whisk briskly, in an up and down motion, until frothy – about 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk to a milk frother or sauce pan and heat up
- Add your milk to your fav mug, then add your matcha+lion’s mane shot, whisk until well combined.
- Add sweetener to your liking.