18 Jun Vegan Chaga & Reishi Brownie
We do love our healthy lifestyle and feeling fit, but what would life be without occasionally giving into some cravings. It is a good thing to remind yourself of what is right and what is wrong, but don’t be too harsh on yourself.
Everything revolves around balance!
Last week was quite hectic, many meetings, some milestones for our brand, daily bustle and of course Father’s Day. For this particular day, Laura channeled her inner chef and came up with a Chaga & Reishi brownie recipe, to surprise her dad. These brownies are a bit more on the unhealthy side, but gosh they do taste amazing!
Mush Superfood powders are perfect for everyday use, and not just for the healthy adaptogen tonics we so love. With this in the back of our minds, we wanted to share this recipe with you, but also to show you there are lots of options on how to use your Mush powders.
Mushrooms powders and cocoa are a perfection combination, for the earthy characteristics of Reishi and Chaga will give just a little more depth in your hot drinks or baking goods. Did you know that in addition to the immunity boosting qualities, Chaga is also anti-inflammatory?
Reishi, on the other hand, calms you down and contains folic acid, (among the many other health benefits,) which stimulates the proper functioning of the body and the production of white and red blood cells.
Like we said before: everything is about balance. Mushroom powders support the body and mind, but mainly bring out our deepest needs, as most herbs and tonics do. Recognizing the signals your body gives you is key to feeling your best!
So what are you up to this week? Will you be taking a moment to relax and bake yourself or your loved ones this delicious vegan brownie cake or will you be staying on the healthy track and make your daily Mush elixir?
Chaga & Reishi Brownies
Ingredients for 8 big or 16 small pieces:
1 tbsp Reishi powder
1 tbsp Chaga powder
250 grams of flour
300 grams of sugar
200 ml of water
225 ml of sunflower oil
70 grams of cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Full hand of hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cover a baking tin of 20 x 30 cm with baking paper.
2. Now take a large bowl, and put in the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt, whisk all the dry ingredients, then gradually add the sunflower oil and the water, stir until smooth. Please note, the batter will be quite liquid.
3. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and even it out.
4. Finely chop or crush the hazelnuts and sprinkle on top of it.
5. Bake the brownie for 55 minutes, check with a toothpick or fork to the texture.
6. Let the brownies cool down and cut into pieces.